Interesting Demonic Attack Story

Since it is getting closer to Halloween, I have been looking a little more for spooky stories, since it is fitting and all.  Ran across this one that actually hits a little closer to home then I was expecting.  It's almost 7 posts long, as he goes through a few years of his life dealing with these demonic attacks/possession.  Here's a link to the story...



My Demonic Attacks and Semi-Possession

Near the end, where he attacks the demon in return with the power of Christ, was interesting.  This actually I have used recently as well.  Something was afflicting me, and I couldn't understand what was causing it.  It comes, effects me for a day or so, then leaves, and returns in a couple of weeks, almost like clockwork.  First I tried to fix it, thinking it might be psychological, that didn't work.  Then I tried to fight it, thinking I can just overpower it and it would be gone, but that didn't work either.  After about 8 months or so of this crap, I finally got desperate enough.  I'm not really a christian, though I do have spiritual beliefs, like the author of the story above.  A demon was the furthest thing from my mind.  However, I decided to treat this affliction (as I call it) as if it were a demon, and I banished it.  I mean literally, clenched fists, muttering "I Banish You" through gritted teeth, in all seriousness.

I wasn't really thinking about whether or not it would work, I was just desperate and just, did it, I guess.  What happened next kind of shocked me.  Suddenly I felt a huge weight was lifted from my shoulders, and a wave shot through me from my feet to my head, and I got dizzy for a brief second.  Then after that I felt exhausted, but free, and more relaxed.  Since then, it hasn't returned.

I wasn't a christian.  In-fact I half thought that all those demon stories I read, with people twisting, speaking in tongues, scratches appearing and objects moving, etc, where they tried to get rid of it but nothing worked, until Christ is muttered, then sudden the demon is cast out by his awesome power, and all is well.  I thought these stories were... well, let's just say it kind of sounds like bowlsheet (hehe).  Stories created purely to promote Christianity, until this actually worked for me.  Now I wonder a bit more.

Also, my family is going through much of the same tension as his in the story.  Time to bust out the bibles and crosses and start splashing my family with holy water,
 "BEGONE DEMONS!"
.... or do you think that is the wrong approach?