What is Belief?

Ahh, my favorite month of the year has returned, and with it, my two favorite holidays, my birthday, and Halloween! 

I haven't posted here in a while, mostly because I'm unsure of the direction I want to take this blog, if it is worth keeping up, and if I can do anything useful with it.  I originally intended it to be like an online journal of mine, where I could link to videos and articles that I thought were interesting, and discuss things that have been weighing on my mind, or experiences that I have.

It hasn't exactly worked out that way though.  I have a bad habit of comparing other sites to my own, and always finding my own work very flawed by comparison.  Which discourages me from continuing any work I set out to do.  To top it off, I have been dealing with some internal issues, mostly to do with faith and belief in things.  I'm not specifically religious, at least pertaining to any particular religion, but I do have a deep fascination with the spiritual, supernatural and human potential, which is apart of how I named this blog, "Sudden Potential". 

The idea was fairly simple, to convey, through my own research and internal journey, just how much potential everyone has inside them that they usually aren't aware of.  And I was on the precipice of something big, as it shook my very world to its core, but in a good way.  Then, at the height of it all, I lost it.  Now, I am struggling to get it back.  Stuck between a rock and a hard place.  Unable to move from a crushing defeat, but knowing that there is something grand out there waiting if I can.

It's hard to describe what it was I felt.  "Great" or "Awesome" doesn't quite cut it.  I may go into it in further detail later, when I have a better handle on how I am going to get out of this hole that I'm in... and I will get out.  But until then, I'll go over other things.  It's weird, as I look over this blog, I guess I ran to the defense of Christians a bit here.  It wasn't my intention, but I do feel as if I should defend peoples beliefs, as they are more important to people then most realize.  Take it from someone standing in the middle right now, losing a firm grasp on your beliefs without exchange is a terrible feeling.

I'm not sure what possible importance beliefs may play in a persons life, or if we even fully understand what they are.  But I can say, they are important.  And they make up a great deal more of your life then you might think.  I am personally coming to a conclusion that the word 'belief' is not an adequate word.  That it falls short of what it is like to truly believe something, to feel it emanate from your core, through your whole being, outward into your flesh and bone, changing you, making you different in every way.  Making you, better.

But the word belief denotes something false or fake.  Like here (Belief) is described almost as if it is a false opinion.  Some opinion held in spite of some prevailing truth.  But in truth, belief is something much more.  And I'm not talking about believing in a divine creator, or the spiritual world, or belief in a soul, or anything like that.  I mean, whatever it is, if you truly believe it, it fills you up, and changes you from the inside out.  It's not some useless fact you hold in the back of your mind, you feel it.  You breathe it.  It pushes itself to the surface of your skin, and it lives with you every moment, of every day, that it remains.

I don't know what belief is, but I can certainly tell you, one way or another, that it is not fake.

Anyways,

Hope you enjoyed!